Friday 16 January 2009

New! Sovereign World Christian Books Blog




Welcome to the first post on my Sovereign World Publishers Blog. Glad you dropped by. Given the growing demand for information about our Christian publishing company, Sovereign World, and the books we publish, I have decided to pull all this information into this Christian blog site. The aim is to convey information that not only tells you about the books Sovereign World produces, but gives you an inside perspective on the reasons why we publish certain books.

I also thought it would be of interest to readers if I share my own thoughts with you on developments in the Christian scene in general. Right from the start I will say that this will not mean theological discussion and argument. My personal interest is to see the Lordship of Jesus Christ prevail in the day-to-day reality of the often troubled circumstances and world we live in. We are all fallen people living in a very fallen world. Rather than get tangled in controversial theology, I see through my own personal walk a far greater relevance in examining the Gospel in the light of positive and down-to earth application for the real world. Jesus bathed complex theology with simple stories.

So, on this blog you won't find this publisher hopping from one heavenly cloud to another and talking about those experiences. Instead, you will see me at street level, looking at how we can make sense of the mess this world is in - and sometimes that we find ourselves in. Yes, theology is keenly needed, but it needs to be actively engaged with life application so that we can apply God's Word by His Spirit.

Sovereign World's strapline is, "Bringing together the Word & the Spirit". As I share about my role as publisher I hope that there will be something you can take with you that illuminates a new pathway to making sense of your world and your issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment